Monday, October 11, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

It is Thanksgiving here today and we have just had a lovely Thanksgiving meal followed by pumpkin pie - delicious!

We are moving to a new house at Seeley's Bay on 30th October and we are all very excited.  It is bigger and the road is ploughed (cleared of snow) in the winter so we should be able to get off the drive way.  If we stay here we will have to plough the road ourselves!

It was two weeks yesterday since I broke my right foot and hopefully there are only three weeks left until I am cast free - I am counting the hours down!  Getting up and down the hill outside the cottage is proving to provide much entertainment for Mick watching me use the garden chair for support as it is impossible to even attempt on crutches.  I'm sure it looks funny but I can't really see the funny side at the moment.  I have called the insurance company, insurance broker, ministry of transport and finally the OPP (Police) and none of them can tell me whether I am actually allowed to drive.  I guess I will stick to being chauffeured about for the time being.

These are photos of the local area.  We have to drive past these beautiful views to go to the dump to get rid of our rubbish. The only things that empty the bins out around here where we live are the raccoons and they make rather a mess with it, so we take it to the dump once a week.












This is a woodpecker that was outside our cottage this morning.


This is the road to Westport and views of the town.  It is on the Rideau canal system and is one of our favourite places to visit.







And this is Burridge Lake where we live.

No comments:

Post a Comment